The Brain by Jonathan Holmes Prologue MISSION REPORT STAR-DATE 4-22-94: As the sirens blared and the voice came out "self destruct in 3:00 minutes" I ran as fast as I could. I jumped from ledge to ledge blasting through pirates and walls. I was in Crateria when I remembered my friends (which were aliens) that had helped me learn new tricks earlier on in the operation I decided that I had enough time to look for them when I checked my clock but all the doors were sealed except 2. I knew on went to my ship so I took the other. In that room I found the aliens all standing there so I blasted out a wall and they all ran out. I could not ketch them to take them to my ship so I ran out of the room, into my ship and hit the controls. As I left the planet's atmosphere I noticed on the screen a little ship pull away and I assumed it was the aliens. I now know that I was right but that is not necessarily a good thing. -END MISSION REPORT: Samus Aran Chapter1 1 year later "Sir, a ship is coming in on sensors", said the Icarus' tactical officer. The ship had been in the Alpha sector looking for an answer for the"strange" occurrences the last 6 months. Some of the occurrences were very rare like elevated Beta rays for example. This worried some because that is what brought metroids out of stacise and just out side the sector (in the Theta sector) lay the remains of Zebes. "What class?" "I don't know yet. I can't get a positive lock on it. It is badly damaged, the power core is about to go critical." "Keep trying to find out what it is and if it poses any threat to us get us out of here. Commander, hail the vessel." Commander Scott tapped a few buttons and said, "This is the Galactic Federation starship Icarus, do you need assistance?" There was no response. Suddenly the ship fired at the Icarus. The torpedo hit the bridge killing everybody inside and disabling the Icarus. The rest of the crew scattered to escape pods but before any could launch another torpedo hit followed by disrupter charges destroying the Icarus. The ship had been the one Samus had seen leaving Zebes. All the external damage disappeared, it was an illusion! The ship then sped away to the planet 3QR65. Chapter2 Samus walked into a room that had 5 other men in it, one was her old friend Armstrong Houston, another was the one that called her there over the "video phone network". "Well",she said "what do you want from me now?" "Ms. Aran" said one of the men "we lost contact with the Icarus 14 hours ago. It was exploring the Alpha sector where there has been some strange 'occurrences' lately. "What? The Alpha sector? Which part?" "Quadrant C3, near 3QR65", said another man "That's near Zebes isn't it?" "You mean what's left of it" Armstrong corrected "What ever, so what do you want me to do?" " We need you to get over to the Alpha sector and find out what is happening, we think it might be connected to the pirates in some way." "But I killed all the last-" "All the last known pirates", said Armstrong "remember those aliens you helped? We think they could be pirates too." "That's impossible. They were kind to me, they helped me." "Ms. Aran, do you want this job or not?", one of the men said "What's it pay?" "350,000", said Armstrong "and that's for the both of us to split." "The both of us? Screw you! I want this for myself-" "Look Samus-" "Stop cutting me off! I am going alone and that's FINALE!" Armstrong was about to talk when Samus left the room toward the docking bay where her ship was. She entered and checked out her ship which looked fine. She then turned around to go to her room to get ready. Once in the room she saw her suit. It brought back memories. She remembered finding the baby metroid, the metroid, it gave up its life for me she thought. Samus walked over to her suit looking at the blaster that had overloaded and melted after getting the "hyper beam" from the metroid. I'll fix this on the way she thought it won't do any good if it's busted. Samus finished packing and (in her suit) walked to the docking bay and set a course for 3QR65. Chapter3 Samus scanned the 24th of 25 sections of the Alpha sector when she found what was left of the Icarus. The computer said that the disrupter burns and torpedo hits were the same as the way pirates attack. Samus could find no survivors but one escape pod was missing. Samus traced it to near the planet 3QR64. Samus taped in the commands to make her ship go there. When Samus got to 3QR64 she found the escape pod....or what was left of it. She then noticed something, the computer labeled the planet 3QR65 (which was in the same system) as Zebes! Samus was terrified and flash backs of metroids and the mother brain went through her head. She did not know what to do at first but then it came clear that she had to go down to the planet and put an end to the Pirates once and for all! Samus brought her ship down to the same spot as she had the year before at the planet Zebes. She jumped out into the down pour of the same acid rain as on Zebes. There was the same door in the same spot to the left of Samus' ship. She ran over to it and shot it open but when she walked in it was not a empty quiet cave like before, it was crawling with pirates, creatures of Zebes and Metroids!!!! How in the hell do the have metroids here?!?!? Samus launched missiles inn all directions hitting walls and occasionally a pirate. The pirates easily swarmed over Samus and sedated her. The last thing she remembered was a sting on her back. Chapter4 Samus opened her eyes only to see a white blur. She blinked several times restoring her vision. She no longer had her suit on but a white gown about 3 inches higher than her knees. She was laying down in a bed with no blanket. She sat up and walked to a door and peered out. She saw two metroids and ten pirates trying to control them. Good luck, she sarcastically thought. One of the metroids grabbed a pirate by its head and sucked all of the energy out of him and threw the dead remains at the others. One got hit and fell into a pool of steaming acid. Samus turned around and thought this must be Tourian of this Zebes. But how did they get the metroids? Samus did not realize that she was thinking out loud and the door opened with two pirates standing in front of it. One of them spoke, "We have come to take you to the Mother Brain." Chapter5 Samus' heart started pounding. "Come, or die," one of the guards said. He lifted a pulse rifle and pointed it at Samus. She took a step out and started choking. She leaped back in the room and noticed a slight shock as she did. There must have been a force field holding in oxygen in her room. The guard took her helmet (which had been altered) out of his pack and through it at her. "Put this on and hurry up!" Samus put it on, it snapped shut around her neck tight enough to hold in the oxygen but not tight enough to choke her. She walked out and, with a guard in front and in back walked around Tourian until they reached a big thick door. The front guard pushed a button on the wall and the door opened by sliding up. The rear guard poked her with his rifle and pushed her in. The room was dark. Samus noticed a hissing noise and her helmet loosened around her neck. "You may take it off if you wish", a voice said that Samus thought was computer generated. Samus lifted the helmet and put it on the ground. The room became bright. Samus' eyes had to adjust before she could see anything. When the finally focused Samus could make out a huge cylindrical glass tank with tubes coming form either top or bottom connecting to the most hideous creature she had ever seen! The mother brain seemed to be staring at Samus and smiling, an evil smile. Samus gulped hard and her hole body started shaking. "I have a proposition for you Miss Aran."